The Natural Resources Stewardship Programme (NatuReS) enables public-private-civil-society partnerships to sustainably manage the natural resources they need for improved livelihoods and continued economic development. NatuReS Uganda is structured around these thematic areas: solid waste management and recycling, urban catchment management, land use and wetland management, water security, integrated urban planning, flood risk management, eco-industrial parks, knowledge and policy support, business development, green growth, and behavioural change.
Having in mind a continuous need for the involvement of experts, GIZ NatuReS invites experts or firms to submit their applications for inclusion in a roster of external experts to support the programme. The expert areas of interest include:
Expert area 1: Knowledge and Policy Support
- Masters or PhD in Environmental Economics, Development Economics, Urban Development, etc.
- Minimum 10 years of practical post graduate experience in policy analysis in relation to green growth, integrated urban planning, circular economy, water and environment, among other things.
- Experience in policy analysis and preparation of policy recommendations to suit all actors
- Expertise in economic and cost benefit analyses, costing of interventions, and developing proof of concepts focusing cross most of NatuReS thematic areas.
- Proven policy dialogue and integrative skills – engaging in policy discussions, integrating divergent viewpoints into coherent strategies, and translating broad policy objectives into concrete development actions.
Expert area 2: Capacity Building and Training
- Master’s degree in communication, Psychology, Mediation, International Relations and/or development, Sociology, Organizational Development, Development Politics, etc.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in facilitation, moderation, and conducting and/or coordinating trainings, workshops, and retreats of small and large groups
- Proven experience in developing training materials, coaching, and enabling rolling out of tools.
Expertise Area 3: Business Development:
- Masters or PhD degree in business development, administration or management, etc.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in supporting private sector business development. Experience in either waste recycling or natural resources is essential
- Proven expertise in Inclusive Business Practices, Value Chains Development, SME Development, etc.
- Proven experience in advising businesses and industries at local, regional, and international level
Expert area 4: Urban Catchment Management
- Masters or PhD in integrated water resources management, civil, water, and/or environmental engineering, hydrology, environmental and/or earth sciences, etc.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in implementing catchment management plans, source protection plans, and integrated planning for effective management of environment resources, etc.
- Profound experience and knowledge in promoting ecosystem-based adaptation practises and multi-stakeholder participatory processes to address water and environment risks in urban catchments
- Proven expertise in designing interventions to support livelihood enhancement and management of urban catchments
Expertise area 5: Urban Flood Risk management
- Masters or PhD in water security, hydrology or hydro-engineering, flood risk management, water resources engineering, sustainable urban drainage management, or related field
- Minimum 8 years of experience in integrated urban flood risk management. This includes preparation of flood risk management plans incorporating blue green infrastructure solutions and mainstreaming of green infrastructure solutions in urban flood risk management strategies.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and skills in flood risk assessments, mapping and modelling floods at micro scale and application of hydraulic modelling for flood hazard management
Expertise area 6: Land Use and Wetland Management
- Masters or PhD in land use planning/management, ecosystem/wetland management, etc.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in developing and implementing wetland management plans, land use plans, or ecosystem management plans in urban settings
- Expertise in spatial mapping, land-use change analysis, and ecosystem change and analysis
- Extensive knowledge and experience in wetland management, ecosystem management, sustainable landscape management, and or biodiversity conservation in the context of urban development
Expertise area 7: Solid Waste Management and Recycling
- Master’s degree in Solid Waste Management, Recycling, Engineering, Pollution Control, or related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience related to management and operations of solid waste management systems – a focus on recycling of organic waste or plastics is desirable
- Proven expertise in designing solid waste collection hubs, waste flow models and developing business and financial models and value chains to enhance recycling of plastics and or organic waste
- Extensive knowledge of waste to wealth solutions and experience advising private sector, development organisations and governments
- Proven expertise in PPD mechanisms, PPP mechanisms, multi-stakeholder partnerships and platforms including experience in design, facilitation, and operation of PPDs, PPPs and other platforms
- Proven experience in brokering business deals between private sector and government or DPs.
Expertise area 8: Eco-Industrial Parks
- Master’s degree in Environmental Systems, Engineering, Pollution Control, or related field
- Minimum 12 years of experience in any of the following fields: cleaner production and resource use efficiency, green industrial practices, industrial symbiosis, among others.
- Extensive knowledge of best practices regarding the implementation of eco-industrial park concept
- Experience in mainstreaming green practices and circular solutions into industrial development policies
Expertise area 9: Behavioural Change
- Masters or PhD degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Community Education, etc.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in implementing Behavioural Change Programs related to sustainable natural resource use and waste management in urban settings
- Proven expertise in leading, designing and implementing Behavioural Change Strategies and Campaigns including identifying innovative approaches, measuring change results, developing communication materials, training modules and guidance documents.
- Proven experience in roll-outing Behavioural Change Campaigns and Interventions and facilitating the uptake of effective Behavioural Change Practices – fostering long-term, normative shifts in behaviour.
Interested experts or firms should submit a one paged cover letter and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org with “NatuReS Expert – Area of Expertise” as subject by 15th July 2021.
For further information call +256 777229945
Disclaimer: This is not a procurement request for services.